-
MemeCore Arrives on Nasdaq Through $1 Billion Landmark Treasury Transaction
-
China's rapid solar expansion hurt bird diversity: study
-
US, Canada resume talks to finalize trade deal as details emerge
-
Walmart reports mixed results as gas prices drag on US sales growth
-
Scorching summer triggers record rockfalls in Alps, scientist says
-
Milky Way's fastest star discovered spinning around black hole
-
ARKBRIDGE’s David Mali Highlights AI-Driven Risk Management at the Finance Magnates London Summit
-
Evergrande's Xu Jiayin: from real-estate tycoon to life in prison
-
Japan to launch probe for Mars moons in October: space agency
-
Huge questions loom over Prince Harry's shock return to UK
-
BYDFi Joins Coinfest Asia 2026, Connecting with Institutions, Builders and Traders in Bali
-
Prince Harry: key dates in life of returning UK royal
-
Oil jumps on Iran war tensions, offsetting bond yield fears
-
PrimeXBT Expands Swap-Free Trading to PXTrader 2.0
-
Record number of locations in France top 40C over summer: AFP analysis
-
'It is tough': Indonesia battles wildfires, bracing for worse to come
-
Asian stocks rally as US Treasury steps in to ease bond fears
-
What property giant Evergrande's sentence means for China's economy
-
In Senegal's Saint-Louis, traces of slave-trading past fade away
-
US national debt exceeds $40 trillion for first time
-
Prince Harry and Meghan moving back to UK: British press
-
NASA satellite rescue mission fails
-
Many US Fed policymakers back interest rate hikes if inflation stays high
-
PSG Ligue 1 opener moved over state of Parc des Princes pitch
-
UK PM launches bid to help homeless, donating part of his wages
-
Lake Zurich sees water level hit record low amid drought
-
Merck and Moderna's tailored cancer drug curbs melanoma recurrence in trial
-
Oldest human brain cells grown in lab 'recorded passage of time'
-
UK media skewered for 'hounding' black academic
-
Robots sort packages and serve fast food at Beijing showcase
-
UK PM launches bid to get rough sleepers off streets by Christmas
-
Europe can't afford to miss AI revolution: ECB chief
-
Texas Counseling Center Highlights the Role of Counseling in Supporting Immigration Psychological Evaluations
-
Humanoid-maker Unitree surges more than 600% on Shanghai debut
-
STARPRIME Completes Beta Testing of Market-Maker Model for Retail Brokers
-
Southern African mothers plead for sons lured to Russia's war
-
Campaigns kick off in Nigerian presidential race
-
Freedom Holding Marks New Türkiye Milestone as Freedom Yatırım Secures Brokerage License
-
Trump pauses 50% tariffs on Canadian goods for three days
-
Humanoid resources: China's robots search for workforce breakthrough
-
China goes rural with data centres in quest to power AI
-
China's robots open to opportunities in search of commercial breakthrough
-
Trump pauses planned 50% tariffs on Canadian goods for three days
-
New Zealand blocks lawsuits against firms over climate harm
-
Trump, Carney talk as Canada seeks to hold off new US tariffs
-
NASA images reveal crater left by SpaceX rocket's Moon crash
-
Angelique Kidjo immortalised on Hollywood Walk of Fame
-
French producer Nicolas Altmayer, Dior PR chief Favier die in car crash
-
Germany opens new drone research centre as security threats mount
-
How only a few tree species drive Amazon forest recovery
Huge questions loom over Prince Harry's shock return to UK
Dozens of questions swirled Thursday as Prince Harry prepares to move back to the UK with his wife and children, six years after his departure sparked a bitter rift with the royal family.
In a surprise move, Harry and Meghan "plan to leave the United States by the end of the month to settle in a private, non-royal residence, which is said to be located outside London", The Daily Telegraph reported late on Wednesday.
Media outlets including the BBC reported the couple's two children, Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5, had already been enrolled in a British school for the start of the school year in early September.
But many questions remain.
- What's behind the move and why now? -
Some commentators point out that Harry and Meghan's US adventure has largely failed to live up to expectations.
"Meghan's cookery series didn't go well. They haven't managed to cooperate successfully... with Netflix. And also, they lost Spotify," royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams told AFP.
"I think they've not been a success in Hollywood and I think this is one way to change things, and change things before William becomes king."
The couple might also be concerned over reports that Harry's brother Prince William "might remove their (royal) titles", he added.
Another commentator, Ed Owens, said Harry, King Charles III's younger son, was keen to reconcile with his father and wider family.
Harry and Meghan met the king in July during a brief visit to the UK -- the first time in four years the couple's children had met their grandfather.
"There's a sense that visit went well... so now might seem an opportune moment," Owens said.
- Where will they live? -
After stepping back as working royals in 2020, Harry and Meghan, known as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, eventually settled in Montecito in California.
It has been reported that the couple have chosen a new house in the UK, but that it will not be one of the many royal residences.
Fitzwilliams said the rural Cotswolds area of western England, where Harry spent time as a child at his father's private Highgrove House residence, appeared to be a possibility.
The Sun newspaper said the couple would keep their Montecito home, as well as a house in Portugal where they are believed to have spent some vacation time this summer.
- What will they do? -
The late Queen Elizabeth II made it clear to Harry and Meghan that there was no "half-in/half-out" option under which they could pursue their own commercial ventures while continuing as working royals.
There appears to be no change to that position from Buckingham Palace, and it is understood there will be no change in their status -- the couple will still not be working royals.
Harry is patron of a number of UK charities and remains involved with the Invictus Games for wounded veterans, which he founded and which will be held in Birmingham next year.
The couple's reported initial $100 million deal with Netflix was last year replaced with one allowing them to develop film and TV projects for the streaming giant, but on more limited terms.
Meghan also has a lifestyle and consumer-products brand, As Ever, launched in 2025.
The couple are not popular with the public, with a YouGov poll revealing only 22 percent of Britons had a positive opinion of Meghan and 33 percent of Harry.
- Can Harry reconcile with William? -
After Harry, 41, and Meghan, 45, left Britain, relations with his family nosedived in March 2021 with a no-holds-barred interview with US talk show hostess Oprah Winfrey.
The rift only worsened with the publication in January 2023 of Harry's tell-all memoir "Spare".
Bridges have since been rebuilt with Charles.
However, Prince William, the heir to the throne, and Harry remain estranged and the brothers reportedly no longer talk.
The Daily Mail tabloid reported that William would be "apoplectic" at the news, while Fitzwilliams said he believed William would be "adamantly opposed to this".
"There is a very deep rift. He feels Harry has betrayed him," he said.
But Owens said William -- like his father -- would likely forgive his brother eventually.
- What security will there be? -
Harry has said he did not feel safe bringing his family to Britain after losing a court battle over government-funded police protection.
Jennie Bond, a former BBC royal correspondent, said the news was particularly surprising given Harry's previous security concerns.
"It's extraordinary that he feels suddenly that he can bring his wife and children to the UK when a year ago he couldn't see any way of doing that because of the issues over security," she told Sky News.
M.Mendoza--CPN